[Vision2020] Re: Earlier question

Ted Ryan coffeemonkey100 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 17:22:56 PDT 2004

As before, paraphrasing and taking out of context does not adequately describe the pamphlet as a whole.  I don't know if race relations have ever been better.   I didn't make that claim.  As far as learning more from the text, ask the authors.  I wouldn't have even worded it the way they did, but I do believe that the relationships between slave and master were generally good.  As to your questions about the text itself, those are not for me to answer.  Ask the authors.  Whether it was legal to marry outside your race in those days, I don't know.  However, being able to marry outside of your race does not, in and of itself, make race relations any better.  And again, if it was illegal to marry outside your race than it was wrong.  There is no such distinction for marriage.

Ted Ryan