[Vision2020] Swiftboat Update

Ron Force rforce at moscow.com
Mon Aug 23 12:18:01 PDT 2004

http://www.borowitzreport.com/

KERRY DENIES PERFORMING GAY WEDDINGS ON SWIFT BOAT

One Million Anti-Kerry Boatmates March on Washington

Democratic nominee John Kerry today blasted a just-released attack ad in
which a new group of swift boat veterans accuse him of performing hundreds
of gay weddings on the boat he commanded during that conflict.

The ad, financed by a group calling itself Swift Boat Veterans For Truth
About Gay Weddings On Swift Boats, accuses Sen. Kerry of using his status as
commanding officer on his boat to perform gay weddings on an almost non-stop
basis.

According to one veteran who appears in the ad, Mr. Kerry stunned his
boatmates by announcing, “I hereby declare this swift boat ‘The Love Boat.’”

The veteran goes on to accuse Mr. Kerry of performing hundreds of gay
weddings “whether the sailors wanted to marry each other or not.”

The latest charges come at a critical juncture for the Kerry campaign, as
over one million anti-Kerry boatmates marched on Washington this weekend to
express their unbridled hatred of the Democratic nominee.

But Sen. Kerry came out swinging against the ads today, telling a Michigan
audience, “It would have been impossible for me to declare my swift boat
‘The Love Boat’ because ‘The Love Boat’ did not come on TV until 1977.”

Moments after Mr. Kerry’s comment, the airwaves were blanketed with a new ad
financed by a group calling themselves Swift Boat Veterans For Truth About
What John Kerry Claims Did Or Did Not Happen On His Swift Boat.

In the ad, a veteran states: “Okay, so maybe John Kerry didn’t perform any
gay weddings, but it’s a lot like something he would have done if given half
a chance.”

Ron Force          Moscow ID USA
rforce at moscow.com