[Vision2020] New Jersey and Its Governor

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Aug 18 07:06:34 PDT 2004

No More Second Guessing: NJ Rumored to Be Seeking Hetero and Republican
Governor Next Time Around

Trenton - New Jersey lawmakers are already weighing their options on who is
best suited to replace disgraced Governor James E. McGreevey, a liberal
Democrat and purely coincidentally a "gay American." "It's really tough,"
remarked one GOP congressperson who spoke on condition of anonymity. "If he
leaves before November 15th, we have to hold a special election as you know.
One name that has been quietly tossed around is former Illinois Senate
candidate Jack Ryan. You can't get much more heterosexual than restricting
your shameful sexual affairs to making your wife perform public sex acts in
overpriced private night clubs and claiming it as a tax write-off under
'entertainment.' Plus, he's Republican. We also considered conservative Alan
Keyes, as everyone knows he'll relocate his state residence at the drop of a
hat. But Illinois already snapped him up to replace Ryan in the Senate race.
Besides, as we're coming up to the convention, we're kind of trying to get
away from the emphasis on those types of candidates that constantly make
long-winded rants accusing anyone that they don't believe is a gay or
lesbian of having an abortion. Or being against free trade. Or being a
slaveholder. Or being a gay aborter slaveholder against free trade. That
just probably won't play in midtown."

Take care,