[Vision2020] Quotations from Kerry

Brad Neuman bradneuman at moscow.com
Thu Aug 12 16:04:20 PDT 2004

Tim and all:

Unfortunately, the attribution of these quotes to John Kerry is incorrect.
They are another "Urban Legend".  See
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_john_kerry_quotes.htm

Their comments:

Comments:  If some of these nitwitticisms seem familiar, it's not because
you've ever heard Senator John F. Kerry utter them. With the sole exception
of the first example, which is a close paraphrase of something President
G.W. Bush actually said in 2000, proper credit for the majority of the
regrettable statements on this list goes to former Vice-President Dan
<http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_dan_quayle_quotes.htm>  Quayle
(see sources below).

Give or take a few quotations, the same list has circulated since 1999, with
the statements attributed successively to Dan Quayle, G.W. Bush, Al Gore and
now John Kerry.

----

Brad Neuman

(Who firmly believes we should vote for John Kerry, if for no other reason
than to restore complete sentences to the White House.)