[Vision2020] Re: Courageous Barbara Lee!

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco at moscow.com
Thu Aug 12 15:12:36 PDT 2004

Joan writes:

(BTW, Doctors Without Borders has withdrawn its personnel from that country
because the U. S.-backed government of Hamid Karzai cannot keep them safe.  The
Taliban is resurgent, warlords again control most of the provinces, and
Afghanistan will this year produce a bumper crop of opium.  Happy days are here
again in needle parks around the globe.  And where do you think that drug money
will go?  Guns?  Terrorists?  To buy nuclear bombs from the failed states of the
ex-Soviet Union?  So much for the American attention span.)

Excellent point!  And another reason not to have invaded Iraq:  We need far more
troops, support, reconstruction, and humanitarian aid in Afghanistan to finish
what we started (with perhaps justification) there.

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco at moscow.com