[Vision2020] Public vs. Private Sector News

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Mon Aug 9 00:21:29 PDT 2004

Tim et. al.

This is really a hoot!

I'll get up on any side of the bed you want if you will just read the dang
nam Wall Street Journal article on Sandy Berger's "exoneration."  Then we can
discuss this issue reasonably.  If you refuse to at least respond to my previous
post exhorting you to "Do Your Home Work," which contains some detailed info
from that article, I can only conclude you are not debating sincerely, and I
am wasting my time.

If you think the Wall Street Journal is full of it on this issue, fine, tell
me why!  But you have not made reference to the specific content of this
article regarding the evidence it offers that contradicts your statements about the
Berger investigation of document theft.

As for you finding it amusing that I suggest that democratic government is
supposed to represent the people, including government funded media, I gave an
example in Canada's CBC of government funded media that I think is an excellent
news source.  No, I don't think the CBC represents Big Brother.  I think FOX
news is much closer to that, and it is "private sector."  Why could
totalitarian control not come from the corporate "private sector" agenda?

Can you respond to this contrast I just made between FOX news and the CBC?
Perhaps this will offer a clue as to what bias you have towards public funded
news vs. private sector news, if you do have a bias one way or the other.

I do not have an a priori bias one way or the other.  Depending on the
circumstances, I rely on both private and public funded news sources.  And I think
it healthy in any society to have a balanced mixture of public and private
sector media.

What do you think of this approach?

Ted Moffett