[Vision2020] CBC IS GOOD?

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sun Aug 8 22:28:50 PDT 2004

Tim:

First read my post about "Doing your homework" concerning Sandy Berger and your responses on this subject.  I did not miss anything you wrote on this subject, but it appears you have not looked at all the info on this.

I don't take anything as "gospel" but try to consider all the facts and sources I can on an issue.  I have no axe to grind a priori against private or public funded sources of news.

OK.  Great.  You admit there have been major changes in how much the profit motive is controlling news content today compared to 40 years ago.  So we agree on something.  Wonderful.

Yes, in a democracy the government is supposed to represent the people.  Including government funded media.  And I gave you a good example of a government funded media, CBC in Canada, that I think is a excellent source of news.  They do a good job, and I trust them as much as, though not without question, any news source, public or private.

Will you acknowledge that the CBC does a good job?  Or will your bias get in the way?

Ted Moffett