[Vision2020] Republicans and Racists

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco at moscow.com
Sun Aug 8 16:35:17 PDT 2004

LuJane posts:

----- Original Message -----
From: LuJane Nisse publisher
To: vision2020 at moscow.com
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 1:18 PM
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Republicans and Racists

I must live in a blind world... I really didn't think these type of people still
existed (except in White Supremecy groups). This turns my stomach!!

LJ

<snip>

Hart, 60, vows if elected to work toward keeping "less favored races" from
reproducing or immigrating to the United States. In campaign literature, Hart
contends that "poverty genes" threaten to turn the United States into "one big
Detroit."

LuJane, et al,

>From Credenda Agenda, http://www.credenda.org/issues/10-1husbandry.php
Volume 10, Issue 1: Husbandry

Choosing a Wife
Douglas Wilson

Excerpt:

If a man and woman come from different cultures, the differences should be taken
fully into account. The tendency is to look at all such differences through a
romantic haze, and if anyone brings them up, to dismiss them with a wave of the
hand. "Oh, we thought of that." But thinking "of that" and thinking it through
are two different things. We cannot say that cross-cultural marriages (which
would include interracial marriages) are unbiblical. We can say that they should
not be approached thoughtlessly. The differences between men and women are great
enough already; if a couple has to deal with the other cultural barriers to
communication as well, it could cause considerable problems. The same thing goes
for what might be called certain subcultural differences-vocational, regional,
etc.

Last, a young man must know that the woman he is considering respects him enough
to follow his spiritual leadership. Doctrinal differences which may not seem
huge in a "conversation" may become quite large in a family when practical
decisions have to be made. For example, how would a husband and wife handle a
disagreement over infant baptism?

Because the husband is spiritually responsible in the marriage, the young man
should think all such things through to the end before he puts on his court
shoes.

RBTL (Twice!  Thinly disguised racism, religious bigotry, almost comical
sexism):

Hint #1:  Are interracial marriages necessarily cross-cultural?

Hint #2:  Why are "cross-cultural/interracial" marriages different from other
marriages?  Why especially are "cross-cultural/interracial" marriages singled
out in this short article?  Shouldn't all marriages be preceded by serious,
searching thought and discussion by both parties on a large number of subjects?

Hint #3:  Are inter-faith marriages "cross-cultural" marriages?  (See DW remark
above on infant baptism:  the amount of gross egomania ("I never change my
mind."  I'm always right!) implicitly present DW's remarks is very saddening,
revealing, and in a grotesque way, eerily entertaining.  Consider:  they teach
this racism, sexism, religious bigotry at Logos School; people pay money to have
their daughters and sons crippled and abused by these doctrines!)

Hints #4, ..., n:  Probably unnecessary.

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)