Confusion: RE: [Vision2020] 08-05-04 LMT: Dispute over plagiarism errupts; Doug Wilson, co-author of the book, denies allegation

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 5 15:24:57 PDT 2004

Visionaries & Mr. Fisher,

I'm confused and hoping for clarification.

I've read today's LMT article "Dispute over plagiarism errupts; Doug Wilson,
co-author of the book, denies allegation" in which reference is made to Nick
Gier's letter to the editor.  However, I didn't see the letter:  it wasn't in
the editorial section nor was the text included in Mr. Johnson's article.

Am I just missing Professor Gier's letter?

I've seen the letter, and it contains some important information not included in
Mr. Johnson's article.  For instance, a link
(www.tomandrodna.com/notonthepalouse/Plagiarism.htm ) is provided so that people
can see some of the actual plagiarism for themselves.  Professor Gier's letter
also includes information about how other concerned academics can sign the
petition.

So, what's the story?  Why is there an article triggered by a letter to the
editor, but the letter itself seems to be MIA?

TIA,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.