[Vision2020] Cell Phones

LuJane Nisse publisher lujane at lataheagle.com
Wed Aug 4 21:27:56 PDT 2004

I refuse to get a cell phone. I hate being on the phone and the thought of
one in my pocket or in my car drives me nuts. I can't imagine having to
answer a phone when you are "away"... my grown kids of course think I'm way
out there. I did just discover the internet telephone that is wonderful (as
far as phones go) because you don't pay for ANY long distance. You pay a
flat fee ($19.95) and that is all. Only problem is, if the power goes out
your phone goes out - you have to have the internet to work it. But other
than that it works just like a phone. I'm waiting for the "bad" stuff to
happen and hit me in the head, but so far (a month of so) it is good. I have
to unplug and reset it once in a while, but 'taint hard to do that.
I often just don't answer phones at home and let the machine get it. I hate
phones.