[Vision2020] "Disfunctional Family" Values

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco at moscow.com
Wed Aug 4 14:34:43 PDT 2004

All,

It must be my depraved empirical-existential world view, but swearing as Dick
Cheney did, or sticking one's tongue out, or saying "Shove it", etc. are not
matters of great importance when deciding upon who to vote for as president or
any other office.

If all that could be said of Cheney is that he said "Fuck you!" in anger to
anyone except possibly a very young child, our country would be in far better
shape.  What's worse in Cheney's case: Saying "Fuck you!" or telling mammoth
lies, helping to bestow mammoth special favors for his ex-company and others, or
the high-jinks currently being exposed in Halliburton when he was head honcho
(see today's headlines -- $75,000,000 fine for accounting lies)?

There are many fine people who have tried very hard to raise their kids to be
decent all the time; not all succeed.  Further, sticking one's tongue out or
being a minor in possession are relatively small matters compared to the
atrocities some young people commit (see today's headlines about the two
mid-teen girls who stabbed their grandparents to death).

As for Teresa:  How dare a woman express her opinion!  What's the matter with
her?  Doesn't she know her place?  Cult Master Wilson needs to counsel her!

When the media/people waste time or make voting decisions on the basis of such
trivialities as discussed above, our country and the world is in deep trouble.

We need to know which policies the candidates are likely to espouse and what the
probable consequences of those policies are.  It doesn't matter whether the
candidates might be assholes.  What matters is where and how they want to lead
us.

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco at moscow.com