[Vision2020] Cell Phones

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 4 07:48:10 PDT 2004

Visionaries:

In some ways, I'm a techno-geek, but not in other ways.  Perhaps I'm the last
person in America (at least, according to my daughter), but I have resisted the
cell phone revolution to the core of my being.  While I could understand how one
might come in handy a few times a year, and I've always seen the benefit of
having one for emergency use, I was unwilling to pay a monthly charge for
something I'd use so little.  Too, I've known people who had cell phones going
way back to the early days when having one didn't necessarily mean being able to
make a connection due to geographical challenges.

However, I've been told that reception is better and now there are pre-paid
calling cards so someone like me willing to purchase the cell phone isn't
shelling out a good chunk of change monthly for something that will be used
*very little*.

Can anyone shed more light on this for me?

TIA,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.