[Vision2020] Cult Master: Women should not be able to choose to defend their country

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco@moscow.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:10:02 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C42EB4.72BB1230

Normal Folks,

The following is a dido (perhaps, some might uncivilly say "dildo"[you can infer
his target]) from Christ Church Cult Master Douglas Wilson's self-sucking weblog
(webblot?) www.dougwils.com.

Not only should women be disallowed from being on the board of his two-bit cult
school, Bogus School, (despite the fact at the time of his initial suggestion,
both the President and Prime Minister of Finland were women), but apparently
women should not be given the freedom to choose how they wish to serve their
country!

It also appears that it is more important to the Cult Master that he win his
private "cultural conflict" (anti-egalitarism) than it is for the U.S. to bring
the conflict in Iraq to a satisfactory conclusion (assuming one is possible).

Can you say "pathological egomaniacal megalomania" or the less polite
equivalent?

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco@moscow.com

Absent Without Leave
Topic: Current Events

As the war in Iraq grinds on, multiple lessons can be gleaned from it. And not
all the lessons have anything to do with the tactical details of this particular
war.

One of the most strking things about this conflict is that when I see talking
heads on the teevee talking about it, whether they support or oppose the war,
whether they are conservative or liberal, they always manage to get in something
about how they of course support "our brave men and women" in uniform. And
there, with those two words -- "and women" -- we have a showcase example of how
our domestic kennel-fed conservative leaders do not have any earthly idea of
what kind of cultural conflict we are in. Apparently victory in Iraq is
important enough that we should purchase it through fundamental defeats here at
home.

When young girls are killed or maimed in combat, where are the leading
conservative spokesmen who take the opportunity to raise the point and press it?
Why does no one point out that the abomination is, you know, abominable? Of
course, they don't do it then out of consideration for the grieving families.
And they don't do it later because there is no reason to when the heat is off.
For all the saber-rattling conservatives can do when it comes to fighting
backward nations with high-tech weaponry, when it comes to an issue that might
require actual courage from them, they are to use a military term, AWOL.

Posted by Douglas Wilson - 4/30/2004 9:22:06 AM | Link to this post

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C42EB4.72BB1230

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Normal Folks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>The following is a dido (perhaps, some might =
uncivilly say=20
"dildo"[you can&nbsp;infer&nbsp;his target]) from Christ Church Cult =
Master=20
Douglas Wilson's self-sucking weblog (webblot?)&nbsp;<A=20
href=3D"http://www.dougwils.com">www.dougwils.com</A>. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Not only should women be disallowed from being on =
the board of=20
his two-bit cult school, Bogus School, (despite the fact at the time =
of&nbsp;his=20
initial&nbsp;suggestion, both the President and Prime Minister of =
Finland were=20
women), but apparently&nbsp;women should not be given the freedom to =
choose how=20
they wish to serve their country!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>It also appears that it is more important to the =
Cult Master=20
that he win his private "cultural&nbsp;conflict"&nbsp;(anti-egalitarism) =
than it=20
is for the U.S. to bring the conflict in Iraq to a satisfactory =
conclusion=20
(assuming one is possible).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Can you say "pathological egomaniacal megalomania" =
or the less=20
polite equivalent?</FONT></DIV><FONT size=3D4>
<DIV><BR>Wayne</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Art Deco&nbsp; (Wayne Fox)<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:deco@moscow.com">deco@moscow.com</A><BR></DIV>
<DIV>__________________________________________________</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Absent Without Leave<BR>Topic: </STRONG>Current =
Events<BR></DIV>
<P><FONT size=3D3>As the war in Iraq grinds on, multiple lessons can be =
gleaned=20
from it. And not all the lessons have anything to do with the tactical =
details=20
of this particular war.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D3>One of the most strking things about this conflict is =
that when=20
I see talking heads on the teevee talking about it, whether they support =
or=20
oppose the war, whether they are conservative or liberal, they always =
manage to=20
get in something about how they of course support "our brave men and =
women" in=20
uniform. And there, with those two words --&nbsp;"and women" -- we have =
a=20
showcase example of how our domestic kennel-fed conservative leaders do =
not have=20
any earthly idea of what kind of cultural conflict we are in. Apparently =
victory=20
in Iraq is important enough that we should purchase it through =
fundamental=20
defeats here at home.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D3>When young girls are killed or maimed in combat, where =
are the=20
leading conservative spokesmen who take the opportunity to raise the =
point and=20
press it? Why does no one point out that the abomination is, you=20
know,&nbsp;abominable? Of course, they don't do it then out of =
consideration for=20
the grieving families. And they don't do it later because there is no =
reason to=20
when the heat is off. For all the saber-rattling conservatives can do =
when it=20
comes to fighting backward nations with high-tech weaponry, when it =
comes to an=20
issue that might require actual courage from <EM>them</EM>, they are to =
use a=20
military term, AWOL.</FONT></P>
<DIV><I>Posted by Douglas Wilson<FONT size=3D-2> - 4/30/2004 9:22:06 =
AM</I> | <A=20
href=3D"http://www.dougwils.com/index.asp?Action=3DAnchor&amp;CategoryID=3D=
1&amp;BlogID=3D64"><FONT=20
size=3D-2>Link to this post</FONT></A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C42EB4.72BB1230--