[Vision2020] Desperate Demos To Dis Kerry?

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:50:52 GMT

WOW!

The Village Voice.  A slightly slanted editorial paper that I place about a
year or so ahead of the Credenda/Agenda on the evolution chart.

No thanks.  I will stick to a more reliable news source.  Now where is my April
issue of Playskool?

Tom Hansen

> Visionaries,
>
>    Is the Kerry campaign really THIS inept?
>
>  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Village Voice
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0417/mondo1.php
> Mondo Washington
> John Kerry Must Go
> by James Ridgeway
>

> WASHINGTON, D.C.— With the air gushing out of John Kerry's balloon, it may be
only a
matter of time until political insiders in Washington face the dread reality
that the
junior senator from Massachusetts doesn't have what it takes to win and has got
to go. As
arrogant and out of it as the Democratic political establishment is, even these
pols know
the party's got to have someone to run against George Bush. They can't exactly
expect the
president to self-destruct into thin air.

> With growing issues over his wealth (which makes fellow plutocrat Bush seem a
charity case
by comparison), the miasma over his medals and ribbons (or ribbons and medals),
his
uninspiring record in the Senate (yes war, no war), and wishy-washy efforts to
mimic Bill
Clinton's triangulation gimmickry (the protractor factor), Kerry sinks day by
day. The
pros all know that the candidate who starts each morning by having to explain
himself is a
goner.

> What to do? Look for the Dem biggies, whoever they are these days, to sit
down with the
rich and arrogant presumptive nominee and try to persuade him to take a hike.
Then they
can return to business as usual—resurrecting John Edwards, who is still hanging
around, or
staging an open convention in Boston, or both.

> If things proceed as they are, the dim-bulb Dem leaders are going to be very
sorry they
screwed Howard Dean.