[Vision2020] Kerry

Jim Meyer m1e2y3e4@moscow.com
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:23:42 -0700

 All,

I read (skimmed rather) the links to the Congressional Record concerned with
Kerry's Vietnam testimony. Like any complicated issue, certain facts in his
testimony can be used and exploited to the benefit of either side.

Frankly, when taken in total, I found Kerry's testimony reassuring. I
interpret his words to mean that he is a man of conscience who did what he
needed to in order to be heard, including saying some pretty inflammatory
things initially. I don't think that talking with, and trying to understand
both sides, including the enemy's, is an indictment of Kerry. Instead, I
would call it an indication of quality of character and intellectual
maturity.It is the mark of problem solver, not a problem maker, to see more
than one side of an issue.

It seems clear to me that he was a thoughtful person who had the courage to
speak out about something he felt strongly about. It seems just as clear to
me that he was committed to justice for regular people, in contrast to our
current president who only believes in himself and his buddies in business.
Thank you for posting Kerry's testimony. I would have voted for Kerry
anyway, because Bush is clearly a danger to life as we know it; however, now
I am pretty secure in knowing that Kerry has some positive attributes other
than being the un-Bush.

Jim Meyer