[Vision2020] As long as I'm causing trouble . . .

amy smoucha asmoucha@hotmail.com
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:00:54 -0500

Oooh.  Both attempts at verse make me desperate and thirsty to read Robert
Frost.  Gotta get these out of my head!

I see Doug's no better poet that preacher.  Figures.

Amy Smoucha

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Joan Opyr" <auntiestablishment@hotmail.com>
To: "Vision2020 Moscow" <vision2020@moscow.com>
Subject: [Vision2020] As long as I'm causing trouble . . .
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:39:28 -0700

Dear Visionaries:

Because I was intrigued (and because I’ve grown skilled at work avoidance)
I took Captain Kirker’s challenge and visited Doug Wilson’s new weblog.
Fascinating.  On the left-hand side are links to a wide variety of
Doug-related materials; on the right are links to Doug-related publications;
down the middle, the ongoing musings of, well, Doug.  Of especial interest
to me was the poetry (left side).  Out of sheer malice and cruelty, I
forward the following epistle along with a piece of my own unmitigated
mockery.  If I had any shame, I’d beg your forgiveness.

I don’t have any shame.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

PS: When Doug was on 2020, I always suspected that he was not so much
interested in a community dialogue as he was in finding a fresh audience for
some stellar me-me monologues.  What could be more to that purpose than a
weblog, an online diary in which you build up a fan base by stroking your
ego?  There's just no substitute -- if you're too old to sing in a boy band.

Pale Madness
By Doug Wilson

Wisdom forsaken and folly embraced,
Folly conceives and bears idiot children,
Stubborn in creed and in mulish confession,
They cling to the death of their civilization.
Staggering, falling and groping through dark,
Her poets and sages and pundits declare
Freedom as glory and freedom as nothing,
Freedom as goodness, whatever that is.
Wombs are a deathbed, nurseries are barren,
Men lie with others as though they were women.
Fruitlessness calls on the gods to preserve it,
Gods in their anger bestow pale madness.
O Jesu, defend us, Lord Jesus have mercy.

Posted to his blog, www.dougwils.com, on 4/23/2004

Male Badness
By Auntie Establishment

Pass the remote, I’ll make love to you later,
Dropping my Fruit of the Looms to the floor.
The game is on now, and I’ve got my hot wings,
A bag of Doritos, some bean dip, some beer.
You go to sleep with your Marabel Morgan,
Your Danielle Crittenden, your Myrna Blyth.
And dream of wrapping Saran Wrap around
Your fruitful belly instead of covering the
Lime green Jell-o with pineapple chunks,
My favorite, next to Ding Dongs and Twinkie Pie.
Boredom, submission, and cleaning the house,
Gifts of the spirit from my Priapic God.
Lorena, stay away, Lorena Bobbitt have mercy.

Not posted to my blog because I don’t have a blog.Get more from the Web.
FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com