[Vision2020] Kerry Lied about Vietnam and Vietnam Veterans

Cliff Fallon fallon@eecs.wsu.edu
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:49:46 -0700

Folks,
Many of us Vietnam Veterans have had to put up with a 30 year myth that
we were psychotics, murderers of innocents, and much much more. Much of
this myth was developed and fostered by a group called the Vietnam
Veterans Against the War. John Kerry was one of the leaders and chief
spokesman of that movement and on 22 April 1971 he testified to the
Senate Armed Forces committee that: "...they had personally raped, cut
off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human
genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies,
randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of
Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and
generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the
normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which
is done by the applied bombing power of this country." This testimony
was developed at a meeting in Detroit called "Winter Soldier." "Winter
Soldier" was an event funded by Jane Fonda in which 150 men purporting
to be Vietnam combat veterans told John Kerry in Detroit about
atrocities they had committed or witnessed in Vietnam.  That formed the
basis of much of Kerry's April 1971 testimony before the Senate Foreign
Relations Committee.  The transcript of "Winter Soldier" was put into
the Congressional Record, and an investigation was ordered and conducted
by the US Navy and the US Army.  Most of the grisly testimony was found
to come from fake witnesses using the identity of real Vietnam veterans,
some came from Vietnam veterans who had in fact never been in combat,
and other witnesses refused to answer any questions despite commitments
of immunity. Not a single atrocity was ever uncovered by military
investigators or by independent efforts of many journalists looking for
a story. Yet, John Kerry has never seen fit to repudiate this testimony
or to apologize to the Vietnam Veterans that have had to live with that
lie. And now, we are going to do something about it. There is to be a
rally in Washington DC on 12 September 2004 from 1400-1600 on the West
Capitol Steps. The purposes of that Rally are:
     1. To repudiate Kerry's testimony with the truth.
     2. To demonstrate the unselfish and honorable service of the
Vietnam Veteran.
     3. Put a public face on the average Vet, who came back from the
war, proud of his service, worked hard to achieve the American dream and
is no different from veterans of any other war.
     4. Demand that Kerry apologize and retract his testimony to the
Senate. You can get details at the following website: www.kerrylied.com
In addition, you can get all the sordid details of Kerry's past history
and lies at: www.wintersoldier.com which is also linked to the first
website. I invite, and encourage you to visit the sites, and if
possible, join us at the Rally in Washington, DC. The guys behind this
are all reputable and honorable Vietnam Vets from all political stripes.
Several are accomplished authors of books about Vietnam and Vietnam
Veterans. We are not associated in any way with the Republican Party are
any other blatantly political organization. This has bubbled up from the
Vet ranks. Please join me in Washington DC on 12 September. We are
asking that everyone dress appropriately in business casual - no partial
uniforms or insignia, except baseball caps.

Bill (Skipper 6) Neal