[Vision2020] Kerry's military record, redux.

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:45:59 -0700

Amen, Joan.  I was ecstatic when I flunked my draft physical in 1969,
because my lottery number wasn't too good, and I, along with the majority of
the country by then, was opposed to the Vietnam war.  Like Pat Kraut, I had
many relatives and friends who used student deferments to keep from going.
All well and good.  But I also will never disparage someone who did serve,
and, as John Kerry did, serve well.  It's absolutely appalling to hear Dick
(I had other priorities) Cheney and other paper war tigers attack John
Kerry's military record.  It's downright surrealistic.  Only 27 weeks to go
before the election, and the nastiness is just beginning....

                      Carl Westberg Jr.