[Vision2020] Engineering Students Take Top HOnors

rodna@moscow.com rodna@moscow.com
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:53:15 GMT

I agree, Wayne.

The magic word is "attitude".

In spite of limited resources, these students had the attitude that was their
driving force.  And it is incumbet upon faculty to instill that attitude.  As
Wayne says, this accomplishment reflects distinct credit not only upon the
students, but their professors that made them "want to".

It is this attitude and these type of professors, that nurture that attitude,
that prevent efforts from dying out at "good enough".

As much as I bleed silver and gold for our athletes, we should pay comparable
recognition for the coaches in the classroom.

Take care and . . .

GO VANDALS ! ! !

Tom Hansen
UI '96