[Vision2020] CNN??

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 21:03:22 GMT

I have been holding on to some old (as in "ancient, 1967 and 1968) copies of
the Los Angeles Free Press.

Any chance those news articles might be a little slanted?

*as I brush the cobwebs off of my Nehru jacket*

Tom

> Wayne writes:
>
> >Although some sources of news (and knowledge) are generally more
reliabl> e than
> >others, none are perfect -- a contingent worldview seems to be the most
> >heuristically justified one in all these cases.
>

> I would be sorry for anyone who chose to get all of their news from a
sin> gle source.  What a dreadful idea.  I watch CNN regularly because I'm a
n> ews junkie, but, as Marvin Gaye advised, "believe half of what you see,
s> on, and none of what you hear."  I think it's wise to consult a wide
vari> ety of online and print sources, and it's important not to get all of
you> r news from domestic sources.  Branch out.  Read Canada's The Globe and
M> ail; read Great Britain's The Guardian, The London Times, and The
Indepen> dent.  Read things with which you disagree.  I'd like to burn the
editori> al pages of The Wall Street Journal and The National Review, but I read
t> hem.  (Know thy enemy.)

http://explorer.ms> n.com

           http://www.fsr.net/