[Vision2020] CNN??

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 13:21:00 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C41CA3.2B970120

Wayne writes:

>Although some sources of news (and knowledge) are generally more reliabl=
e than
>others, none are perfect -- a contingent worldview seems to be the most
>heuristically justified one in all these cases.

I would be sorry for anyone who chose to get all of their news from a sin=
gle source.  What a dreadful idea.  I watch CNN regularly because I'm a n=
ews junkie, but, as Marvin Gaye advised, "believe half of what you see, s=
on, and none of what you hear."  I think it's wise to consult a wide vari=
ety of online and print sources, and it's important not to get all of you=
r news from domestic sources.  Branch out.  Read Canada's The Globe and M=
ail; read Great Britain's The Guardian, The London Times, and The Indepen=
dent.  Read things with which you disagree.  I'd like to burn the editori=
al pages of The Wall Street Journal and The National Review, but I read t=
hem.  (Know thy enemy.)

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

  Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.ms=
n.com

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C41CA3.2B970120

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Wayne writes:<=
/DIV> <DIV><BR>&gt;Although some sources of news (and knowledge) are gene=
rally more reliable than<BR>&gt;others, none are perfect -- a contingent =
worldview seems to be the most<BR>&gt;heuristically justified one in all =
these cases.<BR><BR></DIV> <DIV>I would be sorry for anyone who chose to =
get all of their news from a single source.&nbsp; What a dreadful idea.&n=
bsp; I watch CNN regularly because I'm a news junkie, but, as Marvin Gaye=
 advised,&nbsp;"believe half of what you see,&nbsp;son, and none of what&=
nbsp;you hear."&nbsp; I think it's wise to consult a wide variety of onli=
ne and print sources, and&nbsp;it's important not to get all of your news=
 from domestic sources.&nbsp; Branch out.&nbsp; Read Canada's The Globe a=
nd Mail; read&nbsp;Great Britain's The Guardian,&nbsp;The London Times, a=
nd The Independent.&nbsp;&nbsp;Read things with which you disagree.&nbsp;=
 I'd like to burn the editorial pages of&nbsp;The Wall Street Journal and=
 The National Review, but I read them.&nbsp; (Know thy enemy.)</DIV> <DIV=
>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>=
 <DIV>&nbsp; </DIV></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the We=
b.  FREE MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>http=

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C41CA3.2B970120--