[Vision2020] Re: Iraq

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:49:11 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C41BFF.77C5F910

Sunil writes:

>My, Pat has hit on something here, and apparently understands our Admini=
stration's position.  Involving >others will lead to states mucking up th=
e process with their own demands.  As the new owners of Iraq, >only our d=
emands matter, right?  We should be allowed to install a compliant govern=
ment that will allow >us to take what we want and ask us to stay after th=
e "June 30 power transfer."  While it's likely that >other states may jus=
t want a piece of the pie for themselves, there's always the off chance t=
hat some >do-gooder might suggest that Iraqis (Not OUR Iraqis, actual eve=
ry-day Iraqis) should own their own >country, and we can't have that, can=
 we?

Interesting that you should mention this.  Of the 59 members of the Iraqi=
 Governing Council, the group to which we will (theoretically) hand over =
political power on June 30th, how many were actually residents of Iraq pr=
ior to the U. S. invasion?  Anyone care to venture a guess?  Going once, =
going twice . . . two.  The answer is two.  The rest, like Ahmed Chalabi,=
 were U. S.-based Iraqi dissidents.  How much street cred do you suppose =
they'll have in Fallujah?

As late as November of 2003, after the Bush Administration had publicly s=
tated that Iraq had nothing to do with the events of 9/11, two-thirds of =
Americans polled still blamed Saddam Hussein.  If ignorance is bliss, the=
n we've achieved Nirvana.

Joan Opyr/Auntie EstablishmentGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer d=
ownload : http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C41BFF.77C5F910

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Sunil writes:<=
/DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&gt;My, Pat has hit on something here, and a=
pparently understands our Administration's position.&nbsp; Involving &gt;=
others will lead to states mucking up the process with their own demands.=
&nbsp; As the new owners of Iraq, &gt;only our demands matter, right?&nbs=
p; We should be allowed to install a compliant government that will allow=
 &gt;us to take what we want and ask us to stay after the "June 30 power =
transfer."&nbsp; While it's likely that &gt;other states may just want a =
piece of the pie for themselves, there's always the off chance that some =
&gt;do-gooder might suggest that Iraqis (Not OUR Iraqis, actual every-day=
 Iraqis) should own their own &gt;country, and we can't have that, can we=
?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Interesting that you sho=
uld mention this.&nbsp; Of the 59 members of the Iraqi Governing Council,=
 the group to which we will (theoretically)&nbsp;hand over political powe=
r on June 30th, how many were&nbsp;actually residents of Iraq prior to th=
e U. S. invasion?&nbsp; Anyone care to venture a guess?&nbsp; Going once,=
 going twice . . . two.&nbsp; The answer is two.&nbsp; The rest, like Ahm=
ed Chalabi, were U. S.-based Iraqi dissidents.&nbsp; How much street cred=
 do you suppose they'll have in Fallujah?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>As=
 late as November of 2003, after the Bush Administration had publicly sta=
ted that Iraq had nothing to do with the events of 9/11, two-thirds of Am=
ericans polled still blamed Saddam Hussein.&nbsp; If ignorance is bliss, =
then we've achieved Nirvana.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Joan Opyr/Aunti=
e Establishment</DIV></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the =
Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>ht=

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C41BFF.77C5F910--