[Vision2020] AP: "Football Players Assault Quarterback"

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:24:03 GMT

Thank you, Mr. Spambler, for pointing out that we football fans here in the
Palouse are far more mature than those illustrated below.

Thank you for your unwritten and unspoken words of support.

> Pa. H.S. Suspends 4 Athletes Over Assault
> Pa. High School Suspends Four Football Players in Alleged Assault of Teammate
>
> The Associated Press
>

> WILKES-BARRE, Pa. Sept. 26 — A high school quarterback said four teammates
attacked him
and left him with a broken jaw over his performance during a junior varsity
game,
authorities said.
> Four players were kicked off the Lake-Lehman High School football team and
suspended from
school for their alleged roles in the assault, School Board member Jim Mahon
said.

> Adam Harris, a 15-year-old sophomore quarterback, said he was changing
clothes after
practice Wednesday when the players taped him to a chair and rubbed a pain-
relieving
ointment on his face. The boys were pushing the chair when it got stuck and
flipped,
sending him face-first to the floor.

> Police and prosecutors were investigating.
>
> Harris said he believed he was attacked because he had thrown several
interceptions in a
game Monday.

> "They told me this is what happens when you throw interceptions," Harris
said. "Those were
their exact words."

> Harris and his mother wouldn't identify the players.
>
> Luzerne County District Attorney David Lupas said a county detective was
assisting in the
police investigation.