[Vision2020] Re: Evolution and cruelty

Joshua Nieuwsma joshuahendrik@yahoo.com
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:52:28 -0700 (PDT)

Mr. Nielsen,

I will respect your opposition to the 4th Commandment
once you have attained perfection. But until then I
respectfully contend that it is not for you, the clay,
to say to the Potter "why have you made me like this?"

As to eternity, it is the skeptic whose world is too
small, not the Christian's. The skeptic has a perfect
universe the size of a marble outside of which no
truth can exist. The Christian has a world, let alone
the universe, in which the skeptic himself can exist.
Which is better?

As to selfishness, it is not selfish to desire to be
saved. Or should one expect that you will, in the
effort to avoid being selfish, keep quiet if you are
ever caught in a house fire? Yelling for help is
rather the instinct of self-preservation. Same goes
for the sinner caught in the way of the wrath of the
righteous God. And obeying orders to get blessed is
the way of the world. Blessings for obedience, curses
for disobedience. Try disobeying the laws of Moscow
and see how far you get.

thanks for the dialogue.

Joshua Nieuwsma