[Vision2020] Evolution and cruelty

Joshua Nieuwsma joshuahendrik@yahoo.com
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:37:33 -0700 (PDT)

Mr. Nielsen,

I do not by any means defend cruelty towards fellow
men. I do on the other hand believe in humane
(biblically defined) punishment by death of those who
do commit cruel crimes against other men.

Men are only kind to men when there is something in it
for them.

I don't think that I have evolution all wrong.
Evolution teaches that goodness and intelligence came
through trillions of deaths and "natural" mistakes.
And monkeys don't have a sense of fairness. Giving one
monkey something nicer than another monkey is not
unfair. If anything, you can only conclude that
monkeys have an underdeveloped sense of selfishness.
And selfishness is an important basis of the
evolutionary mindset.

Don't let Mr. Nielsen lead you astray. Social
Darwinism is clearly the result of scientific
darwinism. Ask any serious historian. The two are
inseperably linked.

Can you think of 1 case where a strong lion ever
helped out a weak tiger?

cheers,

Joshua Nieuwsma