[Vision2020] Plants Rights Society

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:58:27 -0700

<P>Robert,</P>
<P>You are so right! :). We need to give equal rights to plants. We should also try all animals that eat plants too.</P></DIV>
<P>Plants need to be treated equally to each other as well. In my neighborhood some plants, like roses and tulips are given excellent treatment while certain classes of weeds are treated poorly, often rounded up and slaughtered. Even when they are allowed to live it is in the gutters. This poor treatment often leaves weeds with a crack problem. Every where I see a crack in the ground, there is weed hanging on to dear life. Meanwhile, the tulips next door are given all the fertilizer, water, and sunlight they want. This is a sham and this specism needs to be put to a holt.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Donovan J Arnold<BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Robert Dickow" <DICKOW@UIDAHO.EDU>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: <VISION2020@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Vision2020] Plants Rights Society
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:33:57 -0700
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I am hereby forming a Plants Rights Society. This organization would be a
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;social and political pressure group (possibly a militant one) that would
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;promote the recognition and protection of the the inalienable rights of
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;plants.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"The Plants Rights Society is dedicated to the protection and recognition of
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;plants as equal partners with animals on our planet. We recognize plants as
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;living things. We hold that all plants, whether possessing chlorophyll or
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;not possessing said chemical, including organisms such as fungi, lichen,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;slime molds, and algaes, as well as singled-celled forms of said creatures,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;be afforded equal protection under the law equal as those provided humans
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;and animals."
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Among our tenets and goals:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;(1) Tractors, threshers, combines, and related farm equipment must come up
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;to minimum standards for 'humane' administration of the processing of plant
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;material used for food.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;(2) Plants grown for ornamental or nutritional use must be afforded clean
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;water.... no 'gray' water or other water of dubious quality may be given.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;That stuff tastes horrible to humans and it does to plants too. Just ask
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;one.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;(3) Plants may not be destroyed inhumanely in the course of scientific
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;research. (Any plant put to death in the course of experimentation should be
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;anaesthetized beforehand, for example via a period of refrigeration before
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;being (...eughch!) dispatched.)
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;(4) A plant handler must be on hand to monitor the treatment of plants
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;during the filming of motion pictures or television videotaping. We will not
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;tolerate mistreatment of plants (remember those closing shots in Apocalypse
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Now where all the palm trees are getting Napalmed? That's were we get the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;word Napalm from.... Nay + Palm. Sickening wasn't it?)
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;(5) People who deglect or abuse house and garden plants will be subject to
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;severe civil and/or criminal penalties.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;(6) Plants have the right to sue their caretakers, whether private citizens,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;municipalities or governments in a court of law.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;(7) Plants have the right to legal counsel.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;(8) Vegetarianism of any kind, including so-called 'Vegan' dietary
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;practices, would be strictly forbidden. Discrimination against one single
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;major branch of the biological life forms on earth can not be tolerated.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Meals that include fruit, vegetables, etc must include appropriate portions
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;of meat as well.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I welcome others to join me in this noble cause.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Bob Dickow, President and Founder
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Plants Rights Society
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Moscow, Idaho
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;_____________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; List services made available by First Step Internet,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; http://www.fsr.net
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>