[Vision2020] Re: Cloning

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:59:55 -0700

I am not certain.  But, I understand that the research is somehow tied into
DNA and hopefully leads to various vaccines to combat (or at least identify
the causes of) diabetes and cancer.  I am unaware of any research being
conducted locally that involves raising/cloning animals for body parts.
Raising/cloning animals simply for their body parts (without the benefit of
medical progress) is unethical in my opinion.

I agree with you 100% that providing a cloned child to a couple that is
incapable of producing a child on their own is a win-win situation, both for
the child and the parents.

Tom Hansen