[Vision2020] Re: Cloning

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:04:35 -0700

I believe this brings up a very interesting question:

Is it the actual conduct of cloning animals (mules or humans) or the reasons
(which may validate or invalidate clining) for the research that evolves
into cloning of animals which become ethically (or otherwise) objectionable
to some?  Simply put:  Does the ends justify the means?

For some people who have not experienced a loved one with cancer or
diabetes, the practice of cloning may appear to be questionable at best.
Those of us who have experienced living with a family member who has
contracted cancer or diabetes may find it less objectionable.

I feel that anything that either soothes/ends major pain or extends life is
worth the practice and research.

Just my two cents,