[Vision2020] Re: Vision2020 digest, Vol 1 #781 - 8 msgs

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:02:36 -0700

I wrote:

> > Let's hope that Moscow has a similar reaction during the next round of
> > tax-hike requests. Enough is enough.

To which Ralph replies:

> Didn't the Idaho Legislature cut income taxes first in order to justify
> raising the sales tax later? Kempthorne and company knew in advance
> that would be the outcome, didn't they? They reduced the fairest form
> of taxation in order to increase the unfairest form.

Ralph, Ralph, Ralph. Seems you didn't read what I wrote again. I said
*Moscow*; you said *Idaho*.

Only in Moscow would the left seek to raise property taxes to increase
funding for a school system that children are abandoning -- rather than
cutting costs in common sense means.

Wait! Can't we balance the MSD budget just by raising "revenues" without
ever discussing cutting costs? Silly me.

Best,
Dale