[Vision2020] General Wesley Clark to announce Candidacy at 10 AM

Peter Willard petew@completebbs.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:53:46 -0700

--=======7CB718EC=======

At 08:53 AM 9/18/03 -0700, Melynda Huskey wrote:
>Well, I don't mind outing myself as a Dean supporter (no surprises there,
>eh?)--but even if Dean weren't in the race, I can't imagine going for Clark.

Clark has that McCain/Perot "mad dog" quality that he will have to overcome
before anyone votes for him. W has that same twinkle in his eye that Reagan
had which pretty much guarantees re-election, especially with a
half-billion or more in his campaign warchest. Recall that he doesn't have
to spend anything during the primary season. One Party! One Leader!

My impression is that the American people would rather have a third
draft-dodger (like Cheney, Dean "had other priorities" and went skiing for
a few years) than anyone with combat experience, especially Vietnam combat
experience. A lot of Boomers "don't want to go there" is why.

N.B. You are supporting another pro-gun, pro-death penalty, son of Big
Money (ever hear of a company called *DEAN*, Whitter, Reynolds). NOT that I
think there's anything wrong with the country turning into a feudal state
for the pleasure of the Gentle Folk., but eyes open. Anyway, Hillary is
running if W gets below 45% approval in the next big poll. Hillary/Clark,
you heard it here first.

>Remember all those Yugoslavian civilians?

What will you do when Ashcroft starts shipping Americans to Gitmo by the
boatload? Probably beginning November 9, 2004 I reckon.

---