[Vision2020] General Wesley Clark to announce Candidacy at 10 AM

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 02:00:17 -0700

<P>Mr. Hansen,</P>
<P>Of course many people left Fort Irwin in 1984 under Clark and for obvious reasons. First off, Fort Irwin is a training base, meaning people train and than leave the base. Second, it is an elite training site, meaning most people don't make it and cannot handle it. Third, Clark completely changed and modernized the base. Many of the tactics that he devised revolutionized the way we fight battles today. Naturally when you change and modernize the system you are going to upset a great many of people as well as have to force others out.</P></DIV>
<P>Read below:</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>" (Ft. Irwin)1984 saw the first use of M1 Abrams tanks and M2 Bradley fighting vehicles on the National Training Center battle field. The first armored cavalry squadron rotation occurred in November 1984. Units from the 101st Airborne Division participated in the first light force rotation in March 1985. The 197th Infantry Brigade participated in the first extended rotation with brigade operations in June 1985."</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><A href="http://www.nato.int/cv/saceur/clark.htm">http://www.nato.int/cv/saceur/clark.htm</A></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><BR>"Commander Operations Group he (Clark) revised the overall training program by improving scenarios, enhancing After Action Reports, and developing the first Brigade-level training exercise and the first heavy-light rotations."</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><BR>"The Operations Group (at Ft. Irwin) trains Army combat units to a demanding standard, using realistic scenarios and provides meaningful feedback to soldiers, leaders and staffs at every level, platoon to brigade. Additionally, provides information to units, agencies and training institutions to improve the force."</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><A href="http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/ntc.htm">http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/ntc.htm</A></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I am now more impressed with Clark the more I read about him. I didn't know he was a Professor either. WOW!</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Donovan J Arnold</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Thomas Hansen <TOMH@UIDAHO.EDU>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: "'Dale Courtney'" <DMCOURTN@MOSCOW.COM>, vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: RE: [Vision2020] General Wesley Clark to announce Candidacy at 10 AM
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:57:21 -0700
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I wasn't far enough up the food chain. I was a platoon sergeant for Fire
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Support Element, Operations Group, National Training Center (Fort Irwin,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;California) on orders for Germany in the Summer of 1984 when Colonel Clark
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;assumed command of Operations Group.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I can't say for certain what type of commander Clark was, but within six
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;months of his change of command ceremony, most of my friends stationed at
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Irwin put in for reassignment.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Tom Hansen
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Moscow, Idaho
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;-----Original Message-----
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Dale Courtney [mailto:dmcourtn@moscow.com]
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 2:32 PM
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [Vision2020] General Wesley Clark to announce Candidacy at
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;10 AM
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Tom wrote:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Every coin has two sides. You have heard from the local Clark support
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; group. Here is the other side of that coin.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; http://www.counterpunch.org/clark.html
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Tom, I'm curious. Did you have any dealings (either direct or indirect) with
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Clark during your time in the military?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Best,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Dale
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;_____________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; List services made available by First Step Internet,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; http://www.fsr.net
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ