[Vision2020] General Wesley Clark to announce Candidacy at 10 AM

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:20:30 -0700

Tom wrote:
> I wasn't far enough up the food chain.

Most of us weren't high up enough to work with such people one-on-one while
in military service.

> I was a platoon sergeant for Fire
> Support Element, Operations Group, National Training Center (Fort Irwin,
> California) on orders for Germany in the Summer of 1984 when Colonel Clark
> assumed command of Operations Group.
>
> I can't say for certain what type of commander Clark was, but within six
> months of his change of command ceremony, most of my friends stationed at
> Irwin put in for reassignment.

Thanks. I've been in this position too.

Sometimes, a new Admiral (in my case) arrives and shakes things up.
Sometimes for the better; sometimes for the worse. Sometimes people leave
because the new CO is a tyrant; sometimes he arrives and breaks up old
"cliques" and people leave for that (seeing their power base erode).

I just noticed the hesitation that you have towards him and that set off a
flare.

Best,
Dale