[Fwd: Re: [Vision2020] the navigability of bikes?]

Ben Twigg bentwigg@yahoo.com
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:25:52 -0700 (PDT)

Mr. Cook,

Not bad, but the authors skirt the issue raised by Mr.
Dickow: how can we pedal and steer backwards through
downtown Moscow without whacking each other with our
oars?

Actually, the article looks pretty fascinating, if you
like bikes, equations, and graphs (I do). The quote of
Albert Einstein at the end is interesting: "'I have no
special gift--I am only passionately curious. Thus it
is not a question of heredity.'"

Ben Twigg

How complicated can (an explanation of) steering a
bike be? See:

http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~fajans/pub/pdffiles/SteerBikeAJP.PDF

Enjoy :-)

Philip Cook