[Vision2020] Re: Vision2020 digest, Vol 1 #758 - 6 msgs

Peter Willard petew@completebbs.com
Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:52:25 -0700

--=======69135823=======

At 11:14 AM 9/9/03 -0700, vision2020-request@moscow.com wrote:
>Message: 3
>Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:11:07 -0700
>From: Ralph Nielsen <nielsen@uidaho.edu>
>To: vision2020@moscow.com
>Subject: [Vision2020] Listserve manners
>
>I'm sure I am not the only one who gets tired of plowing through older
>messages repeated several times over

This is one of the real problems for using the "digest mode" of this list!

>  with quintuple spacing while
>trying to find where the new messages are. Please delete everything but
>your message and the message to which you are replying. Thank you.

Users of email programs, including Hotmail if you set up Outlook to do it,
can simply highlight the outrageous remark they wish to react to and press
the reply button. That will omit all the needless words for you and you can
have a tidy message, with just enough context.

---