[Vision2020] Fwd: Fw: resolution

Thomas Hansen tomh@uidaho.edu
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:24:49 -0700

I have alwys believed in security to a point.  In my opinion the Patriot Act
brings us too close to the opening chapters of Big Brother.  I believe that
the Patriot Act was a "knee jerk" response to an urgent situation.  The
Patriot Act replaces public trust with public paranoia.  Who knows where
public paranoia will lead us . . .

I strongly support and applaud Representative Trail and his efforts.  This
is one act that public confidence can do without.

Still hoping that the glass is half full . . .

"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face
reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it."

 - Malcolm X

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Trail [mailto:ttrail@moscow.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 11:47 AM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Fwd: Fw: resolution

>X-From_: charlese@my180.net  Sat Aug 30 09:34:55 2003
>From: "Charles Eberle" <charlese@my180.net>
>To: <ttrail@moscow.com>
>Subject: Fw: resolution-Patriot Act
>Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:47:07 -0700

  Visionaries:  The issue of the Patriot Act generated a great deal of
discussion
  in the Palouse last week with the panel headed up by Congressman Butch
Otter.
  Rep. Charles Eberle has developed a draft resolution to introduce to the
  Legislature.  I've signed on as a co-sponsor and I'm working with Rep.
Eberle
  to work on further drafting and improvement of the resolution.

  Since this is an issue of great importance to all citizens, it certainly
  appears appropriate to ask for comments, input, and suggestions from the
  public.  Your input will be appreciated.

  Rep. Tom Trail