[Vision2020] Scarlet and I say fiddle-dee-dee

ben merkle benmerkle@moscow.com
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:31:03 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C39E3A.0BC92810

Sunil,
You're pointing out what has been said from the beginning of this silly =
conversation, the need to make distinctions. One need not have deep =
longings for the rise of the Aryan race in order to drive a German car. =
And one need not be a snaggle-toothed member of the KKK in order to say =
that the North has done her fair share of propogandizing in the =
retelling of the Civil War.=20
    It's quite comic the connections that have been made by members of =
the community between Christ Church and various filthy racists. All the =
while, many in the community, who have the sense to see through tabloid =
level propoganda, are willing to let those sorts of allegations go, =
because it has been levelled at a religious community which they =
disapprove of. The openmindedness and tolerance of the liberal crowd has =
been less than what one might have expected from their commercials. It's =
funny that one of the major stinks that Credenda/Agenda got into =
recently was Douglas Jones' assertion that Southerners need to burn =
their Confederate flag and wear the ashes because the loss of the war =
was God's judgment on her for her sin. Judging from the letters that =
were received after that issue, I think it's fairly safe to say that =
Credenda and the southern patriot types are not exactly bossom buddies. =
But that sort of thing makes it too difficult to stereo-type the Christ =
Church crowd, so it would be best if we ignored it. Thinking is such =
hard stuff.
    As for Sanger, I'd be happy to not make any connection between our =
modern Planned Parenthood devotees and their less than glorious =
foremother. But when I go to the Planned Parenthood webpage I find a =
glowing account of the greatness of Margaret Sanger. And I see Planned =
Parenthood currently carrying out the same agenda that Sanger began. =
However, if the locals who tithe to Planned Parenthood wanted to =
distance themselves from her, then I think we could certainly work at =
making a distinction. But, as we've already seen, it's kind of hard to =
get them to make that distinction. I've been calling Planned Parenthood =
to invite someone to come and defend Sanger from these charges, but my =
calls have not yet been returned.=20
Ben Merkle

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C39E3A.0BC92810

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sunil,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You're pointing out what has been said =
from the=20
beginning of this silly conversation, the need to make distinctions. One =
need=20
not have deep longings for the rise of the Aryan race in order to drive =
a German=20
car. And one need not be a snaggle-toothed member of the KKK in order to =
say=20
that the North has done her fair share of propogandizing in the =
retelling of the=20
Civil War. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It's quite comic the =
connections=20
that have been made by members of the community between Christ Church =
and=20
various filthy racists. All the while, many in the community, who have =
the sense=20
to see through tabloid level propoganda, are willing to let those sorts =
of=20
allegations go, because it has been levelled at a religious community =
which they=20
disapprove of. The openmindedness and tolerance of the liberal crowd=20
has&nbsp;been less than what one might have expected from their =
commercials.=20
It's funny that&nbsp;one of the major stinks that Credenda/Agenda got =
into=20
recently was Douglas Jones' assertion that&nbsp;Southerners need to burn =
their=20
Confederate flag and wear the ashes because the loss of the war was =
God's=20
judgment on her for her sin. Judging from the letters that were received =
after=20
that issue, I think it's fairly safe to say that Credenda and the =
southern=20
patriot types are not exactly bossom buddies. But that sort of thing =
makes it=20
too difficult to stereo-type the Christ Church crowd, so it would be =
best if we=20
ignored it. Thinking is such hard stuff.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As for Sanger, I'd =
be happy to=20
not make any connection between our modern Planned Parenthood devotees =
and their=20
less than&nbsp;glorious foremother. But when I go to the Planned =
Parenthood=20
webpage I find a glowing account of the greatness of Margaret Sanger. =
And I see=20
Planned Parenthood currently carrying out the same agenda that Sanger =
began.=20
However, if the locals who tithe to Planned Parenthood </FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>wanted to distance themselves from her, then I think we could =
certainly=20
work at making a distinction. But, as we've already seen,&nbsp;it's kind =
of hard=20
to get them to make that distinction. I've been calling Planned =
Parenthood to=20
invite someone to come and defend Sanger from these charges, but my =
calls have=20
not yet been returned. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ben Merkle</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C39E3A.0BC92810--