[Vision2020] Journalistic Integrity

Nate Wilson natewilson@moscow.com
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:05:34 -0800

Andreas et al,
    As I already pointed out, there are Q&A sessions during the
conference. With as many attendees as we have had in the past, questions
to Wilkins, my father, or George Grant (yes, there is another speaker
and boy is he incriminating. Ready, set, google!) on the subject of
slavery have occasionally been posed. Had you been there when those
questions were asked you would have heard (from all three men) a
thirty-second version of what you could have heard from my father at
CRF's forum on the racism of Planned Parenthood and Margaret Sanger. But
I won't bother repeating it, as it would bore the witch-hunters. The
Statesman's byline for their front page rendition was (I'm running from
memory) "Pair to give 'biblical' defense of practice at UI conference."
I know they're down that-a-way, but are they that stupid? I mean really,
the DN story wasn't misleading at all, so how could they throw a byline
like that on the story? You can call it semantics all you want but how
would this more honest angle have sold local papers? Doug Wilson and
Steve Wilkins (whom the SPLC doesn't like) will be doing a conference on
Revolution and Modernity and somebody in the audience may or may not ask
a question about slavery during a Q&A session. Now I'm gripped. I sure
think the Spokesman and the Statesman would have picked that one up. Cheers.

NDW