[Vision2020] courage

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@hotmail.com
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:12:30 -0800

Carl raises an interesting point here:  is it bad for Moscow for people
around the country to know that Doug Wilson preaches and teaches, among
other startling but not original things, that antebellum slavery in the U.S.
represents the acme of good race relations in the history of the world?

I can see how it might be bad for Christ Church (it might be confused with
the World Church of the Creator); bad for the History Conference (lots of
racist yahoos like the ones Deacon James quoted might sign up for it and
never settle down to a serious consideration of why Robespierre was a
naughty bunny compared to Edmund Burke); and bad for Doug Wilson, who has
declared several times that he *does* believe the things  he wrote with
Steve Wilkins about the happy, simple life of carefree plenty enjoyed by
slaves, and the conspiracy of God-hating Unitarians who annihilated
Christian civilization by the cunning deployment of the abolitionist
movement--positions not held by very many educated people these days, and a
bit hard to explain satisfactorily to the world at large.

But I think it's good for Moscow.  Information, as the librarians say,
yearns to be free.  If we've still got Unitarian conspiracies, we ought to
get those out there, too.

Melynda Huskey

Go, said the bird, for the leaves were full of children,
Hidden excitedly, containing laughter.
Go, go, go, said the bird: human kind
Cannot bear very much reality.
Burnt Norton, T.S. Eliot

Cheer a special someone with a fun Halloween eCard from American Greetings!
Go to  http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/index_msn.pd?source=msne134