[Vision2020] Journalistic integrity

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:24:36 -0800

Visionaries,

Bill says I have been stepping away from my little booklet. Here comes the
level of debate to which we are all acccustomed. Have not.

When this fracas broke out, I went back and read it again, and still agree
with everything in it. We still publish it, still sell it. Backing away?
Explaining something to someone who does not really want to understand it
is not the same thing as backing away. But the subject head is not about my
views on slavery, but rather about journalistic integrity.

The link between slavery and the history conference was made by that Daily
News retainer, Anonymous. He circulated a flyer which made it appear that
the subject of the conference was slavery. The Daily News passed on this
impression, despite me telling the reporter that the conference was not
about slavery. We are doing biographies of men like Lord Byron, Marx,
Robespierre. The Daily News is an AP paper so the Statesman picked it up.
Who is responsible for this inaccuracy?

In the meantime, related to this issue,Tom Hansen has started boycotting
Bucers. Is this because Bucers is owned by two multi-racial families? Does
Tom have something against black children? Inquiring people want to know.
He does live in North Idaho, and he is boycotting a business owned by mixed
families. This is deeply troubling.

Cordially,

Douglas Wilson