[Vision2020] A look at the NEWS

Dick Schmidt dickschmidt@moscow.com
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:19:17 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C39B2C.E28ACF40

Hi Visionaries,

Please take a look at http://www.projectcensored.org/ and be sure you =
have taken your blood pressure pill for the day. Below is the =
explanation of the project taken from their website.

"Project Censored is managed through the Department of Sociology in the =
School of Social Sciences at Sonoma State University. We are an =
investigative sociology and media analysis project dedicated to the =
freedom of information throughout the United States.

The Primary Objective of Project Censored is to explore and publicize =
the extent of censorship in our society by locating stories about =
significant issues of which the public should be aware, but is not, for =
one reason or another. Thereby, the project hopes to stimulate =
responsible journalists to provide more mass media coverage of those =
issues and to encourage the general public to demand mass media coverage =
of those issues or to seek information from other sources.

The Essential Issue raised by the project is the failure of the mass =
media to provide the people with all the information they need to make =
informed decisions concerning their own lives and in the voting booth."

Dick Schmidt

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C39B2C.E28ACF40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Hi Visionaries,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Please take a look at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.projectcensored.org/">http://www.projectcensored.org/<=
/A>&nbsp;and=20
be sure you have taken your blood pressure pill for the day. Below is =
the=20
explanation of the project taken from their website.</DIV>
<DIV>"Project Censored is managed through the Department of Sociology in =
the=20
School of Social Sciences at Sonoma State University. We are an =
investigative=20
sociology and media analysis project dedicated to the freedom of =
information=20
throughout the United States.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The Primary Objective of Project Censored is to explore and =
publicize the=20
extent of censorship in our society by locating stories about =
significant issues=20
of which the public should be aware, but is not, for one reason or =
another.=20
Thereby, the project hopes to stimulate responsible journalists to =
provide more=20
mass media coverage of those issues and to encourage the general public =
to=20
demand mass media coverage of those issues or to seek information from =
other=20
sources.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The Essential Issue raised by the project is the failure of the =
mass media=20
to provide the people with all the information they need to make =
informed=20
decisions concerning their own lives and in the voting booth."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dick =
Schmidt</FONT><BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C39B2C.E28ACF40--