[Vision2020] Boycottics anonymous

Luke lukenieuwsma@softhome.net
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:43:02 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C39753.22EA3540

Dear Visionaries:
    I love how our true colors can be seen even in the midst of all the =
smoke, though the target issues are a little obscured and hard to hit. =
Some Liberals say to the Christians, "You're ugly!" The Christians =
respond, "Well, not exactly. Look a little closer." The Liberals reply, =
"We don't need to. We'll just ignore your lemonade and your coffee." The =
Christians, smiling smugly, say, "Oh well." Then these Liberals back =
into a corner, sticking their collective tongue out, and they stuff =
their collective nickels into their collective pockets.
    But I have one question: even if a small portion of the community =
decided to boycott certain businesses, would that really make any =
difference? To me it seems rather like shooting your pistol up in the =
air, hoping that the bullet will fall on your enemies, not on you. Those =
of you who shun the amazing cinnamon rolls of Wheatberry's, the great =
beers and coffee of Bucers (and the cheesecake, as already mentioned), =
and the very authentic European cuisine of Zume, you're missing out. Be =
that way if you want; the rest of us, Christians or not, will enjoy =
ourselves immensely while you pout. Have fun!=20

Sincerely and respectfully savoring the good life, and the sparring,

Luke Nieuwsma

P.S. For the pastry-lovers: The bread-starter in Zume is an =
eighty-year-old machine brought over from France; you can't get more =
genuine than that.
------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C39753.22EA3540

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY text=3D#000000 bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear Visionaries:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I love how our true =
colors can=20
be seen even in the midst of all the smoke, though the target issues are =
a=20
little obscured and hard to hit.&nbsp;Some Liberals say to the =
Christians,=20
"You're ugly!" The&nbsp;Christians respond, "Well, not exactly. Look a =
little=20
closer." The Liberals reply, "We don't need to. We'll just ignore your =
lemonade=20
and your coffee." The Christians, smiling smugly,&nbsp;say, "Oh well." =
Then=20
these Liberals back into a corner, sticking&nbsp;their collective tongue =
out,=20
and they stuff&nbsp;their collective&nbsp;nickels=20
into&nbsp;their&nbsp;collective pockets.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; But I have one =
question: even if=20
a small portion of the community decided to boycott certain businesses, =
would=20
that really make any difference? To me&nbsp;it seems rather like =
shooting your=20
pistol up in the air, hoping that the bullet will fall on your enemies, =
not on=20
you. Those of you who shun the amazing cinnamon rolls of Wheatberry's, =
the great=20
beers and coffee&nbsp;of Bucers (and the cheesecake, as already =
mentioned), and=20
the very authentic&nbsp;European cuisine&nbsp;of Zume, you're missing=20
out.&nbsp;Be that way if you want; the rest of =
us,&nbsp;Christians&nbsp;or not,=20
will enjoy ourselves immensely while you pout.&nbsp;Have fun! =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sincerely and respectfully =
savoring&nbsp;the good=20
life, and the sparring,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Luke Nieuwsma</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>P.S. For the pastry-lovers: The =
bread-starter in=20
Zume is an eighty-year-old machine brought over from France; you can't =
get=20
more&nbsp;genuine than that.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C39753.22EA3540--