[Vision2020] Jackie Wolf on integrity

the storm the_s_t_o_r_m@hotmail.com
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:01:09 +0000

Jackie,

I find this equally hard to understand. How is it people (such as yourself)
will not go to movies by either Tom Cruise or Woody Allen, or buy cloths
from Nike or Calvin Kline. Because, unless I'm mistaken you are saying that
you personally boycott establishments that do not share your line of ethics.
That's exactly what those other individuals were saying to you about
Christ's Church. And to be an advocate for a religious group you have no
right to speak about Child molesters. There is no religious group or
organization on the planet that has not found molesters among them. Christ's
Church maybe the exception to the rule, I don't know and I won't speculate
one way or another.... Because Jackie... I have never been molested by
anyone from Christ's Church. Have you ever been molested by anyone of those
people you called child molesters? If so, sing it loud and sing it proud. If
not, then you are putting yourself above God.

I would invite you to read Romans Chapter 3 verse 10-27

Romans 3

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable;
there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used
deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who
are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may
become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in
his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being
witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all
and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in
Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood,
to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past,
through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just,
and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but
by the law of faith.

Thank you,

Sean

PS: I have been to bucers and found it a lovely place where one can Drink,
Smoke, and eat some great Berry Cheese Cake. Live music, including our very
own John Moss. Though I do disagree with many of the "Right Winged"
Conservative Christians view points. As a "Left Wing" Not so "Conservative"
Christian I gotta say I can't pass up the Cheese Cake. :)

I find it very hard to understand how people are willing to boycott a
Christian
establishment that promotes peace and understanding, yet these very same
people
will continue to buy clothes that are made by child molesters (Calvin
Kline),
pay to go see movies that are made by child molesters, (Woody Allen), or
adulters (Tom Cruise), buy soccer balls or shoes or clothes that are
obvisouly
and have widely been reported as being made by enslaved women and children.
It's ok to boycott an organization that helps people, (including people
right
here in THIS community that do not belong to the Church!!) but not ok to
stop
buying things from those that are known to hurt, kill people?  Where is the
integrity in that reasoning?

Thank you.

Jackie Woolf

See when your friends are online with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now
FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com