[Vision2020] Political messages?

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:38:52 -0700

<P>Don,</P>
<P>Not sure I am following you:&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<P><EM>&nbsp;"I agree with everything you say except about endorsement postings. I think a bunch of "please vote for so and so" postings just eat up the available bandwidth." </EM></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I think that endorsements are opinions, nothing more. I think they are important, at least to me. Endorsements let me know who thinks the best candidate is. If I don't know anything about Candidate A or Candidate B it is hard for me to make a judgment about someone. But, if a person I know prefers candidate B over candidate A it allows me to make some judgments. If a conservative religious person likes Candidate A and the liberal or moderate person likes Candidate B, I would imagine that helps many people make up their mind. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>But the bottom line is the more I can hear about a candidate the better. I prefer to hear the endorsements of people I disagree with than to not hear any at all. Getting the opinion of someone I don't know does not change my opinion, but getting the opinion of someone I do know about someone I don't really helps.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Donovan J Arnold<BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Mushroom <MUSHROOM@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Political messages?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:11:40 -0700
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Donovan Arnold wrote:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Yeah, I can see your point (not).
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Yeah, I can see your point (really). But it seems to be a
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;small one. I agree with everything you say except about
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;endorsement postings. I think a bunch of "please vote for so
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;and so" postings just eat up the available bandwidth. If you
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;think different, okay. On everything else you mentioned, we
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;agree. I hope that doesn't make you uncomfortable.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Don Coombs
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;_____________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; List services made available by First Step Internet,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; http://www.fsr.net
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>