[Vision2020] U of I pulls the plug on homecoming parody skit

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:27:35 -0700

<P>See what I mean? I agree that the play was in bad taste. But it should not have been excluded because some people don't like it. They were not attacking a student. They were expressing their opinion in an artistic way to people that were not forced to listen to their message about public figures that effect their personal lives.</P>
<P>What they are saying is&nbsp; that if a public figure does something good they speak about it all they want, but if they do something bad they should not face attacks. This is controlling free speech. Sure it would be bad to have someone make fun of you. But if your are making decisions that affect the lives of the public and you are being paid by them you should be open to criticisms. They did exactly what the Chinese Government does. Shut&nbsp;down the criticism. </P></DIV>
<P>Like I said before, say all you can now because eventually you will not be allowed to say it. Not even what you are paying the person's salary.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Donovan J Arnold<BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Jack Van Deventer" <JACK@MOSCOWUSA.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: <JACK@MOSCOWUSA.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: <VISION2020@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Vision2020] U of I pulls the plug on homecoming parody skit
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:12:53 -0700
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"The Phi Delta Theta fraternity was banned from homecoming competitions last
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;week after its members performed a skit that homecoming officials said went
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;too far."
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;