[Vision2020] Another thought

Scott Dredge sdredge@yahoo.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:06:03 -0700 (PDT)

As I watched in amazement last night as the Cubs
collapsed in the 8th inning of the NLCS, I was
thinking once again about the notorious "Billy Goat
Curse" that has plagued the team since 1945, the last
time the Cubs were in the World Series.  My
understanding of the curse is that it was Billy Goat
Sianis who invoked the curse during game 4 of the 1945
World Series after his pet goat, Murphy, was banned
from entering Wrigley Field.  Apparently, Sianis stood
out in front of the stadium, shook his fist, and
uttered in his broken English "Never agin will World
Series be played in Wrigley Field."

There has been numerous attempts to lift the curse
over the years and none have been successful.  If the
Cubs ever want to return to the World Series, and it's
been 95 years since their last World Series Title, as
much as I love Wrigley Fields...it's painfully obvious
that they should build a new stadium.

-Scott