[Vision2020] A thought

Dan Carscallen predator75@moscow.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:01:15 -0700

Well, Carl, dijon mustard on graham crackers HAS no validity, silly!
Everyone knows you use chocolate frosting.

DC

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]
On Behalf Of Carl Westberg
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 10:54 AM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] A thought

Just a thought about tempering the tone on the listserve, for what it's
worth.  A simple interpersonal communication 101 skill which I believe
is
called "owning" your statement.  For example, when discussing whether
dijon
mustard on graham crackers is a good thing, I would say "in my opinion"
dijon mustard on graham crackers is not a good thing, thereby granting
validity to someone who may like dijon mustard on graham crackers.
There's
been a lot of "this is the way it is and your view has no validity"
statements from all sides, which doesn't help civil dialogue.  Of
course,
this is just my opinion.

Carl Westberg Jr.

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your current Internet access and enjoy
patented spam control and more.  Get two months FREE!
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com