[Vision2020] Wedded bliss -- entirely possible without the approval of Greg

Gregory Dickison gdickison@moscow.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:53:54 -0700

Tom wrote:

> It is really quite simple, Mr. Dickison.  One has an extensively violent
> history.

One what? I have listened to and read both Wilson and Wilkins on many
different subjects. While I have not specifically asked them, I think I am
safe in asserting that they would be dead set against all the ugliness,
brutality and lawlessness they are being associated with.

On the other hand, if you mean the intolerant unitarianism that wanted not
only to end slavery, but to abolish an entire culture, and in order to
accomplish it was willing to push this country into a four year long
bloodbath (I think the current term of art is "quagmire"), then I have to
agree. There is an "extensively violent history" there.

>That pretty much nails it.  Don't you think?  Or don't you think?
>
> Tom Hansen

Wow! Good one, Tom. I guess you showed me. Keep coming up with rhetorical
zingers like that, and before you know it the opposition will be running
away from you like chaff before the wind.

Gregory C. Dickison
Lawyer & Counselor at Law
Post Office Box 8846
208 South Main #2
Moscow, Idaho 83843
(208) 882-4009

> > Dear Melynda:
> >
> > Alas, we are not on the same page. I checked my last post, and nowhere
> > therein did I take exception to your use of the term "married." Frankly,
you
> > and Joan can refer to yourselves that way all you want. In my humble
> > opinion, neither your wishful thinking, the decrees of courts, or the
> > pronouncements of your goddess will make it so. I do not fret about what
> > cannot be. I will lose just as much sleep and good humor over you
calling
> > yourself married - none- as over someone who wants to hold himself out
as a
> > poached egg.
> >
> > But it does seem to matter a great deal to you whether Doug Wilson is a
> > historian, a racist, a Nazi-sympathizer, or a willing accomplice of all
the
> > lynch mobs and white supremecist wingnuts who now live or have ever gone
> > before. I'm just wondering why you get the monopoly on the meaning of
words
> > (or why you get to pick the authorities that determine the historical
> > issue). You think you are married, I think you are not. I think Doug is
> > historian and a fine theologian, and you think he's not.
> >
> > Where does that get us? What is truth? Who's to say?
> >
> > Gregory C. Dickison
> > Lawyer & Counselor at Law
> > Post Office Box 8846
> > 208 South Main #2