[Vision2020] Wedded bliss -- entirely possible without the approval of Greg

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@hotmail.com
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:40:56 -0700

Dear Greg,

We're not on the same page here at all . . .

1.  I promise, I'm not incensed.  Curious, puzzled, bemused--but not
incensed.  You, on the other hand, seem a trifle hot under the collar.  But
perhaps I misconstrue your tone.

2.  Good gracious, criticize away.  It doesn't hurt me, and it amuses you,
as the Irishman said when his wife began to beat him (a quotation from
Charles Dickens--and what a fine time of year this is to re-read *Pickwick
Papers*).

3.  Slavery . . . that's where we started.  Slavery.  Let's head back there,
shall we?  Dulce desipere in loco, and all that, but on the whole, I think
the question even of the Revolutionary Mind is more interesting to local
citizens than you and I arguing about whether or not you think I'm married.

And then we could dredge up some interesting social history of, say,
pre-Revolutionary France, and then undoubtedly someone could explain why
even a thoroughly evil king is better than a Revolutionary Committee, and
someone else could have read *The Scarlet Pimpernel,* and the ills of the
guillotine could be explored, and someone could point out that Citoyenne and
Comrade are practically the same title . . .

Actually, let's call the whole thing off.

Melynda Huskey

Go, said the bird, for the leaves were full of children,
Hidden excitedly, containing laughter.
Go, go, go, said the bird: human kind
Cannot bear very much reality.
Burnt Norton, T.S. Eliot

Page a contact’s mobile phone with  MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE!
   http://msnmessenger-download.com