[Vision2020] Farmer's Market

roger hayes rhayes@turbonet.com
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 18:05:59 -0700

Moscow residents and Visionaries:

I remember when Moscow Farmer's Market was located behind the Old Post
Office (I was a vendor selling walnuts, apples, plums, grapes, pears,
corn, and pumpkins),  and I have shopped at the Coeur d'Alene Farmer's
market.  Neither location offered the flavor necessary for success, for
community, for culture.

Downtown Moscow lends a special air to the Farmer's Market.  I like
where it's at.  I like hearing the music filling Friendship Square, and
seeing all the people milling around downtown.

Why are we even considering moving the Market?

Who is behind the push to move it?

What are the problems associated with having the Market where it is now
located?

If I owned a downtown business, I'd be really angry that this move is
even considered.

Sincerely,

Roger Hayes
Moscow