[Vision2020] what next?

amy smoucha asmoucha@hotmail.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:36:01 -0600

<P>Hi,</P></DIV>
<P>There is a large white nationalist website that has an announcement of Irving's tour.&nbsp; Introducing the tour sites and dates, the poster states:</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>"DAVID IRVING's speaking engagements in the USA and Europe. Rights of admission strictly reserved. Use the links to get on the list. More detailed information will be available closer to the date; keep checking this page! Satisfactory ID will be required. <B><FONT color=blue>Entry to most functions is free.</FONT></B> Remember - autographed books make super Christmas presents with a difference; if you already have some, feel free to bring them along as well to be signed"</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Since this historian requires "satisfactory ID," and there are "rights of admission,"&nbsp; we may never know what "doors open&nbsp;6, starts at 7."</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I intend to read the Wilson/Wilkins books over the holidays (cheers?), but have been wanting to say that I question an explanation of slavery according to the bible, because I don't understand the purpose of such a book in the context of our lives, our culture, our politics.&nbsp; With so much hatred, so much dangerous and divisive racism, it seems questionable for a historian and pastor&nbsp;to find some productive purpose in writing those&nbsp;words about slavery in the south in&nbsp;the United States.&nbsp; I have read a lot of posts where people basically say, "what's the big deal--let him have his opinion?&nbsp; Hey live and let live.&nbsp; He's a nice guy and there are black people in his church."&nbsp;&nbsp; But it's far more complicated than that, and we are ignoring important&nbsp;parts of our society if we think it's that simple.&nbsp; Any idea or book that can be used or misused to justify racism, white supremacy, white nationalism, can be dangerous.&nbsp;Yes W!
 ilson may have his opinion, and state it too, but some opinions are dangerous--to individuals, to society, to cultures.&nbsp; If the opinions in Wilson/Wilkins book are dangerous and based on distortions, they deserve to be challenged and discredited, and it is equally dangerous to ignore them.&nbsp; I'll retract if I find otherwise when I read the books.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>The person who posted the Irving announcement on the white nationalist site had a little quote at the end of his post.&nbsp; I think of quotes like this when I consider whether Wilson's actual words are a big deal:</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><EM><FONT color=#0000ff>"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood, only so long as we guard ourselves against ... dilution by foreign races."</FONT></EM> <B>C. A. Lindbergh</B>, <I>Reader's Digest</I>, p.66, Nov. 1939<BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>It sure is chilly out there,</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Amy Smoucha<BR><BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>----Original Message Follows----
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>From: Thomas Hansen <TOMH@UIDAHO.EDU>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>To: "'Tim Lohrmann'" <TIMLOHR@YAHOO.COM>, bill london <LONDON@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>CC: vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Subject: RE: [Vision2020] what next?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:27:25 -0800
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Does anybody know where Gropfuehrer Irving is scheduled to present his (for
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>lack of a more appropriate word) lecture? That might be a tell-tale sign of
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>who invited this low-life.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Tom Hansen
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Moscow, Idaho
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>-----Original Message-----
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>From: Tim Lohrmann [mailto:timlohr@yahoo.com]
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 3:14 PM
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>To: bill london
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Cc: vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] what next?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Folks,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>If I remember correctly, someone, I believe a student over at WSU
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>invited this Irving fellow to speak a few years back?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Could it be the same person inviting him to Moscow?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Just a thought,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>TL
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>bill london <LONDON@MOSCOW.COM>wrote:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>David Irving makes his living by denying that the Holocaust existed and by
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>deliberately misrepresenting history to portray Hitler in a favorable light.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>According to his website, he is coming to Moscow on December 16 at 7pm.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Neither the site, nor the sponsoring organization, are announced.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Does anyone have more information on this planned visit?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Check out his website http://focal.org/speaks/
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>BL
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>_____________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>List services made available by First Step Internet,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>http://www.fsr.net
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>